Customer Support Specialist
Pendo is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our fast-growing team in Gastown. You’re the voice and personality of Pendo—the first and only point of contact our users may ever have with us, so you embody our brand and values through and through. You think like a helpdesk but you speak like a trusty pal who has all the answers—always advocating for our users. You bring your distinct warmth and personality to every email, text message and phone call. You’re calm under fire and can think on your feet. You know all the ins and outs of the Pendo platform and are a wealth of knowledge of shortcuts and pro tricks. You can turn a bad situation around with just a few considered words.
In a typical week you will:
- Field customer questions and feedback with grace and composure
- Create training materials and strategically build the Pendo knowledge base
- Close the loop between customers and product development
- Keep an eye out for trends, best practices and new tools to better serve our users
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to translate user feedback into actionable steps
- Work with the Community Manager to respond to social feedback
- Continually advocate for users to give them the best possible experience
You have experience in:
- Frontline customer service
- Thoughtfully addressing feedback through various channels
- Fast-paced startup environments
- Noticing the details—nothing slips by you
- Working with developers and speaking their language
- Nothing ruffles your feathers – you’re calm, cool and collected
- You’re a mocha! [perfect blend – talk code (the good kind) and human]
You are also:
- available for occasional evening and weekend work, and the rare emergency email or phone call
- at home working on a diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- curious and entrepreneurial
- very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- an excellent communicator
- comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and aren’t afraid to suggest a better solution
- incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- self-motivated with a great attitude
- friendly—you love people and working on a team
- excited about supporting a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Working Team: Marketing
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.