Director of Marketing
Pendo is looking for a Director of Marketing to drive customer engagement and acquisition for a fast-growing digital platform. You are data-driven, resourceful and brimming with ideas for creative ways to connect with online audiences. You understand the conversion funnel and are constantly considering ways to broaden Pendo’s reach and smooth the path to purchase – removing roadblocks or making the offer more compelling to landlords. Re-engagement is always at the forefront of your mind and you are a pro at thinking like a user. Your background in tech means you know the language of a SAAS startup and can translate it into “human” for a broad audience – you champion the Pendo brand voice and steward our messaging. You love strategy and process but you also love telling stories that drive action. Ultimately you know how to move initiatives forward.
In a typical week you will:
- Develop new strategies and processes to drive digital traffic to the Pendo app
- Actively work to improve the quality of site traffic and reduce acquisition costs
- Look for fresh ways to engage existing users through various media
- Plan and implement product and feature releases to align with a rolling development cycle
- Track and report on performance metrics and make data-driven decisions about how to allocate budget and resources
- Manage a small team of Customer Support and Digital Acquisition Specialists
- Oversee our growing Customer Support program and develop new approaches to reduce response times and increase user satisfaction
- Steward and champion the Pendo brand and voice internally and externally
- Maintain Pendo’s paid and owned publishing channels (web, social, blog, video etc), adhering to the brand voice and pillars
- Occasionally support the Product team with in-app copy and release notes
- Oversee a small team of outside contractors who offer support with design and development
- Look for event, partnership and sponsorship opportunities, and occasionally represent Pendo on location
You have experience in:
- Developing inbound and outbound marketing strategies
- Bringing a SAAS product to market
- Planning, prioritizing and delegating work to a small team
- Content marketing and SEO strategies
- Working alongside a Product team in an agile environment
- Customer support and user engagement
- Coaching and mentoring follow employees and team members
- Managing and reporting on forecasts and budgets
- Rental property/real estate (a bonus)
- Public speaking and event moderation (another bonus)
You are also:
- A strong writer and an excellent communicator
- Capable of making informed critical decisions – you’re not afraid to make a tough call
- An excellent motivator, capable of inspiring and rallying those around you
- Curious and up-to-date on the latest tools, trends and best practices in digital marketing
- At home working on a diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- Empathetic and able to put yourself in the shoes of a user
- A strategic thinker, curious and entrepreneurial
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Excited about supporting a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: CEO
Working Team: Marketing
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.