Junior UI/UX Designer
Pendo™ is looking for a Junior UX/UI Designer to join our fast-growing team in Gastown. You’re a creative thinker who appreciates both elegance and functionality – the person your friends rely on to share the best trends in design and UX. You have a remarkable ability to turn complex processes into simple, intuitive steps. You think like a user, and champion them at every juncture. You have a thumb on trends in both design and tech, and continually look to bring fresh ideas to your work. You’re not afraid to experiment or share your opinion, and you know how to take feedback in stride. Your portfolio of work speaks for itself but you’re always ready to explain your decisions if needed.
In a typical week you will:
- Develop and illustrate wireframes, user flows and sitemaps
- Prototype, design and iterate Pendo’s mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Create marketing assets including display ads, enewsletters and website visuals
- Partner closely with QA and Customer Support to assess user feedback and integrate where needed
- Work with the development team to clarify requirements and develop user stories
- Clearly communicate design specifications and concepts to leadership and developers
- Continually advocate for users to give them the best possible experience
You have experience in:
- Designing for web and mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- User-testing and user-centred research
- Drawing programs like XD, Omni, Photoshop and Illustrator (Sketch is a bonus)
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Bug tracking programs like Pivotal
- Proactively managing your own work queue and time
- Fast-paced startup environments
- Noticing the details—nothing slips by you
- Working with developers and speaking their language
You are also:
- A grad of a digital design program (or have equivalent work experience)
- At home working on a tight-knit, collaborative and diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- A constant learner, always on the lookout for new sources of inspiration
- Aware of the interaction between code and design
- Curious and entrepreneurial
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and aren’t afraid to suggest a better solution
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- Excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: VP Design
Working Team: Product
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.