Pendo™ is looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-growing team in Gastown. You are driven by a combination of gut instinct, creativity, analytics and user feedback. You are constantly looking for ways to improve the user experience. You are ready to dive in and work with an intimate in-house team and outside consultants to develop beautiful technology that people love to use. You have a proven track record of product management for web applications. Your strong project management skills are coupled with a passion for understanding user engagement and delivering great online experiences.
In a typical week you will:
- Develop an ongoing understanding of Pendo™’s application strategy.
- Build and maintain the product/project roadmap to support and extend it our products
- Look to market research and usability studies to capture the needs of our target audience
- Map the competitive landscape and articulate the risks and opportunities
- Define project requirements and the metrics for success, then drive development with our technical team to create high quality products that customers love
- Write and maintain user stories in our project management tool
- Identify opportunities to create new products, services and approaches for our users
- Maintain weekly/monthly reports both on development schedules and product performance
- Collaborate successfully across all stakeholders including Design, Development, Marketing, Strategy, Legal and Executive Management
- Drive projects while continually advocating for customers—to create the best possible experience
You have experience in:
- Project management for a customer-facing Saas product
- Taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Working with agile development tools and methods
- Deriving user cases from your deep understanding of consumer behaviours
- Using data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Web and mobile applications
- Fast-paced startup environments
- Noticing the details—nothing slips by you
- Working with developers and speaking their language
- Tech/start-ups with a B2C or B2B perspective
You are also:
- At home working on a tight-knit, collaborative and diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- Curious and entrepreneurial
- Naturally collaborative—great at rallying others and getting buy-in across various teams
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and aren’t afraid to suggest a better solution
- Incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- Excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: CEO
Working Team: Cross departmental
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo™ to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.