Pendo is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our fast-growing team. You can spot anomalies where no one else can. You live to hunt and squash front-end bugs and find huge satisfaction in having everything in its place. You are analytical and can prioritize conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment. You think like our users and advocate for them at every turn, creating the best possible experience. You’re comfortable in an agile environment and thrive on a tight-knit, collaborative team. You know our product inside and out—how it should work and where it can improve (sure, you may not be a developer, but you really get how web applications work). You take full ownership of any glitches and speak up—you are tenacious in your follow through. Above all, you’re an amazing, articulate communicator and a team player.
In a typical week you will:
- Act as a liaison between our Customer Experience, Product and Development teams
- Test product and feature releases to improve our platform
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team to gather user feedback, write it down, reproduce it and translate it into actionable steps
- Prioritize and relay feedback to the Development team
- Use your technical prowess to troubleshoot small bugs
- Develop and test user stories for new project developments
- Actively participate in sprint planning with the Development team
- Act as the last line of defence before a product or feature goes to market
You have experience in:
- Manual quality assurance on both web-based and mobile applications (1–2 years)
- Bug tracking systems like Pivotal Tracker or JIRA
- Executing measurable test cases and user stories
- Writing out project requirements in clear language
- Working within an agile development approach
- Written communication—you’re incredibly articulate and know how to reframe a user’s experience into technical documentation
You are also:
- At home working on a diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- Curious and entrepreneurial
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and aren’t afraid to suggest a better solution
- Incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- Excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: VP of Development
Working Team: Development
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers, and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much hand-holding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food, and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.