In a typical week you will:
- Maintain backend and frontend of current application
- Focus on data routing inside the application
- Build and architect front-end and back-end logic for an intuitive, user-friendly platform
- Create standalone, proof-of-concept applications and move them into production
- Use logic and problem-solving skills to find practical solutions
- Unfold user stories and turn them into functional requirements and a working product
- Research best practices and suggest appropriate technologies
- Collaborate with other developers and designers to make a strong, usable product
- Advocate for users while working towards tangible business goals
- Uphold code quality standards through code reviews
- Help mentoring and advising junior developers
You have experience in:
- Creating enterprise standalone applications (6+ years)
- Architecting front-end and back-end logic
- Feel comfortable developing for NodeJS (3+ years)
- Using modern, complex concepts in day-to-day work (async, es6, immutable, etc)
- Creating a user-focused product that is both beautiful and functional
You are also:
- At home working on a tight-knit, collaborative and diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- Curious and entrepreneurial
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and aren’t afraid to suggest a better solution
- Incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly—you love people and working on a team
- Willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- Excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: VP of Development
Working Team: Development
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo™ is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo™ to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers, and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food, and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.