Sr. Development Team Lead
Pendo is looking for a Senior Development Lead to guide a team of developers at a fast-growing startup. You are a rare breed: you understand the nuances of business strategy but also have deep technical understanding. You can easily translate business realities into technical requirements.
Your job is to make the team and the product as good as it can be, so you’re always finding and bringing forward better solutions and fresh approaches. You carefully analyze problems to find thoughtful answers. Your experience, both as a leader and a developer, allow you to competently advocate for your decisions—even unpopular ones. But you’re flexible and open enough to move forward with whatever decision is ultimately made.
You have at least five years’ experience developing product architecture and working with thick client systems. You’ve got two years experience leading a team, and a proven record of successful products (deployed or in production). You don’t take yourself too seriously, but are all about taking personal responsibility.
In a typical week you will:
- Lead, develop and guide Pendo’s growing development team
- Develop specialists within the team and equip them to make and defend technology decisions
- Design a maintainable, sustainable architecture
- Build beautiful, intelligent software
- Translate complex business requirements and filter requests into actionable specifications and tasks
- Research best practices and suggest appropriate technologies
You have experience in:
- Working with thick client stacks (5 years)
- Developing scalable architecture (5 years)
- Leading a team (2 years)
- Managing development processes and using tools to support them
- Working with:
- SQL and/or NoSQL
- NodeJS, Ruby and/or Python
- ReactJS Native is a plus
- AWS and other cloud based computing solutions
- Cross platform front-end solutions
You are also:
- at home working on a diverse team—you have an open mind and love learning from others
- curious and entrepreneurial
- very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- an excellent communicator
- capable of making informed critical decisions—you’re not afraid to make a tough call
- comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and are willing to suggest a better solution
- incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- self-motivated with a great attitude
- friendly—you love people and working on a team
- willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Location: Gastown, Vancouver
Reports to: CEO
Working Team: Development
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk.
Ready to build your career and an amazing product with us? Apply Here
Pendo is an online property management platform that makes life easy for landlords. Thousands of indie landlords in more than 80 countries use Pendo to simplify the tedious tasks so they can focus on building their portfolio and fostering great tenants.
We’re a team of whip smart developers, designers and thinkers based in Vancouver, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Our bright, bustling Gastown loft is steps from shopping, coffee, great food and transit.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and a big, affable office dog who will brighten any rainy Vancouver day.