iOS App FAQ
How do I create a mobile Inspection Report?
Short answer: Click the big green + circle and follow the steps in order. Add Notes and Photos along the way. The last step is signing. Once someone signs, the Report is locked.
Step by step:
- Login and click the big green + circle icon.
- Select the Property and Unit you’d like to inspect.
- Add the Tenants of the Unit, then click Next.
- Click the blue “Start Inspection” button.
- Note the Person who is actually present to participate in the inspection. It can be the tenant’s agent. Save.
- Add a Space (Rooms & Areas) as you walk through it.
- Choose an element within the Space, like the Ceiling.
- Note the condition of the Ceiling.
- Add a Photo or make additional Notes, or simply mark as Not Applicable.
- Once every area has been inspected or noted Not Applicable, click Signatures and sign the completed Report! That’s it.
Can I add a Property or Unit within the mobile app?
Set up your Properties and Units in the web app (app.pen.do) prior to starting a report.
Can I add new Tenants within the mobile app?
Tenants need to be set up in their rentals prior to starting an inspection.
Can I create a Move Out report?
Move Out reports will be released shortly.
Can I edit a Report after it has been signed?
Nope. The Reports are locked for security once they have been signed.
Why don’t I see all my Properties?
Properties must have a Unit and one person who can be added as a tenant.
Why don’t I see all my rental Units?
Units need to have a Person associated with them first. Open the Unit you wish to inspect in the web app (app.pen.do) and “Add a Tenant”.
Why don’t I see all my tenants?
Tenants must be associated with the Unit. Check their profile in the People page or add them to a Unit.
Why can’t I sign my Report?
Signing is available once every condition has been inspected or noted Not Applicable. You’ll need at least one Space (Room or Area) to create a signable report.
I have more questions. How can I contact you?
Simply log into app.pen.do and click the smiley face icon in the bottom right or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.