Who can use PendoPay?
PendoPay is currently only available in Canada and uses Direct Bank Transfers to process payments from bank-to-bank.
How much does PendoPay cost?
PendoPay is covered by all existing plans at no additional cost, including our free subscription plan. There is a $1 per transaction fee associated with each PendoPay payment which can be payable by either the landlord or the tenant.
How do I set up my PendoPay account?
2. Fill out the first page with your banking details and the nickname you’d like to use for the account.
3. Once you’ve submitted the form we will send a deposit of $0.01 to the account you entered within 5 days. It’s important to keep an eye out for this $0.01 deposit within the 5 days to ensure future payments are deposited into the correct bank account. If you do not receive the $0.01 deposit within 5 days, please delete the payout account and re-enter a new one as it is possible the account information was entered incorrectly.
4. Once you’ve confirmed your banking information, your PendoPay account will be ready to go!
How do I set up my tenant in PendoPay?
1. Go to your PendoPay page and select ‘Set Up Tenant’. You can choose to invite your tenant to enter their banking information themselves, or you can set them up yourself by manually entering their banking details.
2a. Inviting a tenant to PendoPay
Choose an existing tenant from the drop-down list or create a new person. You can then choose to pay for the transaction fee, or have it paid by the tenant.
Your tenant will receive an email invitation to sign up for PendoPay and enter their banking details. Please note the invitation expires after 1 week and you will need to re-invite them if they have not signed up within the week.
Once the tenant successfully completes the banking information form, both you and your tenant will be notified by email and you can start collecting online payments from this tenant.
2b. Manually entering tenant banking information
You can either complete this task with the tenant or ask for a void cheque as it will have their bank account’s Account Number, Branch Transit Number, and Financial Institution number. If a tenant does not have a printed cheque, they can request a direct debit/deposit form from their financial institution which has the required information.
How do I collect payments with PendoPay?
1. Go to your PendoPay page and click ‘Collect’ under the intended tenant.
2. To successfully select either Rent or Security Deposit as the payment category, the tenant requires an active lease for the intended property. If a lease does not exist – not to worry, you will receive a prompt to create one.
3. You can choose to create a One-Time payment or a Recurring payment.
For a one-time payment, the payment will be created on the very same day—it cannot be backdated or set for the future.
For a recurring payment, the first payment will be created on the ‘First Payment Date’ you selected and the next payment date will be based on the payment frequency.
4. The next step is an overview of the payment(s) added. The $1 transaction fee only appears if it’s paid by the tenant.
5. Your tenant will receive a confirmation email when a recurring payment is created, as well as notification of any changes made to the recurring series. A receipt will be sent to your tenant for all one-time payments once the payment is deposited into your Payout Account.
How long does PendoPay take to process payments?
It can take up to 3-5 business days for a payment to be deposited into your bank account.
Future scheduled payments date refer to the date payments get submitted for processing from your tenant’s account, and not the date they are deposited.
Can I refund a PendoPay payment?
Once the payment status is ‘Processing’ you will not be able to reverse the payment within PendoPay. You can only delete a payment and make any necessary changes if the payment status is ‘Pending’.
How do I change my PendoPay Payout Account banking details?
To change your Payout Account banking details you need to delete the account and create a new one.
NOTE: Please check to see if you have payments pending before you delete a Payout Account as those payments may still get deposited into that account.
How do I change a tenant’s banking details in PendoPay?
1. Go to the tenant’s profile on your People page,
2, Click the blue ‘Change’ button in the PendoPay column.
3. You can re-invite your tenant to set-up PendoPay with their banking details or set them up yourself. The new banking information will replace the current one.